Bus Rules and Regulations
Bus rules and regulations must be obeyed for the safety of all passengers on the bus. Students disobeying bus rules and regulations may lose bus-riding privileges. Safety on the bus is determined largely by the conduct of the students. For this reason, all students must conduct themselves in such a manner that safety on the bus is promoted. The following rules shall apply to all bus riders:
1. Dress properly for the weather. Make sure all drawstrings, ties, straps, etc. on all clothing, backpacks and other items, are shortened or removed to lessen the likelihood of them getting caught in bus doors, railings or aisles.
2. Arrive on time at the bus stop and stay away from the street while waiting for the bus. If you are late and the bus is departing, do not run after the bus.
3. Stay away from the bus until it stops completely and the driver signals you to board. Enter and exit in single file without pushing. Always use the handrail.
4. Take a seat right away and remain seated facing forward. Changing seats is not allowed while the bus is in motion. Keep your hands, arms and head inside the bus.
5. Help keep the bus neat and clean. Keep belongings out of the aisle and away from emergency exits. Eating and drinking are not allowed on the bus.
6. Always listen to the bus driver’s instructions. Be courteous to the driver and other students. Sit with your hands to yourself and avoid making noises that would distract the driver or bother other passengers.
7. Wait until the bus comes to a complete stop before standing up. Use the handrail when exiting the bus.
8. Stay out of the danger zone next to the bus where the driver may have difficulty seeing you. Take five giant steps away from the bus and out of the danger zone, until you can see the driver and the driver sees you. Never crawl under a bus.
9. If you must cross the street after you get off the bus, wait for the driver’s signal and then cross in front of the bus cross arm. Cross the street only after checking both ways for traffic.
10. Never run back to the bus, even if you dropped or forgot something.
11. Never cross between two parked busses.
12. Exit the front door of the bus only. Back and side emergency exits are for emergencies only.
13. Only authorized personnel are allowed to occupy the driving area.